Valentines 2015

Valentines 2015

Friday, February 12, 2010

We have HOW MANY measurable follices?!

Today is day 9 of follistim, and I had an appointment with the RE this morning for an ultrasound and blood work to check my progress. I must admit, I'm more than a little worried. I am in NO way complaining as I know plenty of ladies that have difficulty producing more than 8-10 follies in an IVF cycle, BUT I feel like I have WAY too many follicles growing right now.

On Tuesday I had a total of 34 follicles (eggs)- 19 on the left and 15 on the right. Well after today's visit I have even more measurable (any follicle over 10 mm-12mm is considered "measurable"). So, I have 22 measurable follicles (eggs) on the right and approximately 30 measurable follicles on the left (they literally quit counting and measuring after about 20 on the left side). My lead follicle is at 17 mm, followed by about 6 at 16mm, 10 at 15mm, and the rest between 12mm -15mm. My RE considers a follicle mature and ready for trigger at 18mm, and follicles grow between 1mm-2mm per day.

Although I am thrilled that my body can produce that many eggs, I am terrified for what that means. . . ER is going to be incredibly painful, very high risk for OHSS (and no, they won't trigger me with lupron instead), and I don't know, I'm just a bit scared about it. I mean, I think you really can have too many follies. . .and I'm thinking I am falling into that group right now. Anyone else have this many or close to this many?

I am waiting for a call back from the RE with my blood work results from this morning. They should be paying special attention to my estrogen (e2) level. We are tentatively scheduled to come back into the RE on Sunday morning for repeat u/s and b/w and I suspect we would probably then trigger on Sunday night for a Tuesday AM ER (egg retrieval). . . I will keep you all updated as I learn more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!