Valentines 2015

Valentines 2015

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The "clearing" ultrasound, and hoping for the green light!

Hi all!

I went in to the RE this morning for my "clearing" ultrasound and blood work. The ultrasound looked great, no cysts, my tube looks perfect (I asked specifically about hydrosalpinx), and I have a TON of antral follies to work with this cycle. Woo hoo! It should be a great month to stim!

The only hold up at this point is that my monthly visitor (AF) hasn't come to visit yet. I didn't think that was a requirement for starting stims after coming off of birth control, but apparently it is, because they are not letting me start the Follistim until Thursday. Bummer! That will throw our ER (Egg Retrieval) and ET (Embryo Transfer) schedule off already. I suppose I shouldn't be too upset about that though. I mean, last time it took me about 4 days longer than they thought it would for me to stim, so my calendar was totally out of whack then too. I just remember that I was SO upset. This time I knew going into it that the calendar dates being changed was a distinct possibility. . .I just think I had hoped that no changes would occur at the beginning of the cycle since it will likely occur closer to the end of stimming as well! Oh well - we will deal! At least we are blessed enough to be able to do IVF again. I know several ladies that aren't so lucky and would switch me places in a heartbeat.

So I get to start the Follistim on Thursday night - 175 units. That is a pretty decent amount for me. Maybe they are trying to get a bunch of those antral follies to start growing right away. Hmmm. . .not a bad idea=). I will go back in next Tuesday for a follicle check and blood work to see how my estrogen (E2) and progesterone (p4) levels are. And of course, I will keep you all updated to my status! Hope you are having a wonderful Tuesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!