Valentines 2015

Valentines 2015

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The follicle update!

I have taken 5 days of the Follistim (to stimulate my ovaries to produce a ton o' eggs), so today was the day for me to go back into the RE's office for an ultrasound (u/s) and blood work (b/w)to check my progress. I don't have my blood work results back yet, but HOLY COW on the ultrasound! So far the ultrasound nurse counts 19 follicles (eggs) on the left, and about 15 follicles (eggs) on the right! Geez Louise!

All of the follicles are still under 10 mm (which is fine), so I will need some more time to stim (they aren't considered "mature" until 18mm), but WOW, 34 follicles??? That's amazing! They were obviously concerned about me developing OHSS (Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome), and honestly so am I, but really at this point, what can they do? They can't stop the stims. . .and even if they did, the follies would still grow, and OHSS would still be a possibility.

SO. . . onward and upward I say!! I am awaiting the call back from the RE's nurse to tell me what to do with my meds for the next couple of days and when we need to go back for another scan and blood work=). Based on the size of the follies right now, I would guess that ER (Egg Retreival) will be either Monday or Tuesday of next week. Woo hoo! I will keep you all updated of course as I find out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!