Valentines 2015

Valentines 2015

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

30 Weeks - update and belly pics=)

Hello! I hope you all are well=).

We don't have another OB appointment until September 14th (silly doctors and their vacations!), so I won't have another size and weight update on the girls for 2 more weeks. Whatever will I do?! Well, I will just update you as to what is going on with me then=).

The girls and I are doing well. I have been doing the finger pricking 5x a day as recommended for the monitoring of "gestational diabetes", and all but one of my readings so far has been totally within the normal range. I had one reading on Saturday morning that was at 124, and they wanted it at or below 120. It was after I had a pile of pancakes with syrup (YUM!) though, which is supposed to be a big no-no for GD moms. 124 wasn't really a "spike" in my blood sugar either. . .I would have expected closer to 200 or even higher for what I ate!

Really, I haven't changed my diet much at all, all I have done is cut out the Kool-Aid lemonade (which I am ADDICTED to!). Crystal light and the other brands just aren't the same thing. I DESPISE aspartamine, nutra sweet, splenda, and all other artificial sweeteners. If it's not real, I don't want it! So, needless to say I'm not drinking nearly as much fluid as I was previously, but I still think I'm drinking enough. I hope I am anyway! I will be so happy when I can have whatever sugar I want again. . .on the bright side, at least I can still have my cake and ice cream (I've had both with no spike in blood sugar - YAY). It would have been a very sad day if I would have had to cut those items out too!

What else is going on? Well, miss Sheila (my partner in crime from my last post) and her husband Andy are having their precious baby boy Adam tomorrow via C-section! I am SOOOO excited for them!! Miss Sheila, I know you are going to do GREAT!! And if you need anything at all, you call me, okay?! Happy early birthday baby Adam!!

I think that's all I have to report. We are still working away on the nursery, and we still need to figure out exactly what we want to do for the curtains, but everything else has at least been picked out, just not ordered. We have the cribs, crib sets, extra sheets, changing tables, changing table pads, some diapers, etc., we just don't have much for decorations yet for the nursery (wall hangings, hamper, crib skirts, wall plates, etc.). Really I need to just get on target.com and order the items that I want that match the crib set. . .unfortunately they don't sell the matching crib set accessories in the stores, so you actually have to order it off line and they have to send it to you. It kind of stinks because I like to actually see the stuff in person before I purchase it. Maybe that's why I've been slacking on ordering it? I should probably just suck it up get on the website and order what we need since we don't have much longer before the girls get here, huh? Now is NOT the time to procrastinate! LOL.

Okay, and here are my 30 week belly pics - enjoy!







Can you believe it is September already??? I expect these two little miracles to arrive sometime in October, so we have less than two months left of being pregnant. How AMAZING is that?! It's crazy to think about really. Anyway, thanks for reading, and have a great rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!