Valentines 2015

Valentines 2015

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chunky Monkeys!!!

Hello!! We had our 32 week OB appointment today, complete with a growth scan (so we got new approximate weights on the girls). As usual, the girls are doing great! We are growing a couple of little chunky monkey babies in there! Here are the stats:

Baby A - AKA Baby Olivia - 4 lbs 10 oz - measuring 2 weeks ahead!

Baby B - AKA Baby Brianna - 5 lbs 4 oz - measuring 3 weeks ahead!

They are such over achievers!

The OB was quite impressed that the babies are doing so well. He said on average that babies at 32 weeks should weigh about 4 lbs, so with the girls being twins and weighing well over that they are really doing GREAT!

He also said that since I am now carrying 10 lbs of baby I need to really take it easy. He expects that my body won't be able to handle a whole lot more, and he thinks that I will most definitely have these babies on my own by 37 weeks at the absolute latest, if not before. And as it stands now, baby Olivia is still in prime position for a natural delivery, and baby Brianna is still crazy breech. Brianna's head is up under my ribs in the center (by my heart), her booty is over on the right side under my ribs, and her legs are spread apart and her head is in between them. It can't possibly be comfy! LOL. My OB still thinks that he can turn Brianna after Olivia is born. . .SO. . .we are going to proceed hoping for a natural birth! With lots of drugs of course =).

As for work, my OB is okay with me going in to the office for a couple of hours a couple of times a week. . .for now. He said at 34 weeks though, that HAS to stop. Period. So, now I know how he really feels! That's okay though, it is really really hard to get up and make the trek in to work now carrying 10 lbs of baby around. I can only imagine how much harder it is going to get carrying 11, 12, or 13 lbs of baby around!

Oh, and the only dissapointing news we got out of the whole visit. . . previously I had been cleared to attend Josh and Sylvia's wedding next weekend in Ord, NE because it was simply a road trip. Well, that was before we figured out that Ord is actually 4 hours away from Omaha, not 2.5. The OB is NOT okay with me being that far away, and thought that 4 hours in the car each way, plus the excitement from the wedding could easily put me into labor. So, sadly, I no longer get to attend. I'm pretty sad about that. It also means there will be two weeks in a row when Si will be out of town and I will be fending for myself with the pugs and kitties. Kind of hard to do being quite this pregnant! Bummer!

Anyway, it's getting late and I have to go to bed, but I wanted to make sure to update my blog before I forgot. Have a great rest of your week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!