Valentines 2015

Valentines 2015

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

28 week belly pics & GCT results

Hello! My last blog posting left you without an answer to whether or not I passed my fasting 1 hour Glucose Challenge Test (GCT). Well. . . I bombed it. And not just a little. I FAILED miserably. The one hour glucose blood level needs to be under 140 to be considered passing. Mine was 175. Nice.

My baseline fasting glucose level was good though - an 84 (totally within normal limits). So, the OB is hopeful that this test was just a fluke and the 3 hour fasting Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT) will show that I am cleared and don't have Gestational Diabetes (GD). He's hopeful. Me too! The babies and I love bread and pasta and cake and ice cream entirely too much to have to cut them out! I am doing the 3 hour test on Friday morning and will sit all morning in my OB office waiting room waiting each hour to be stabbed by the vampires. Fingers crossed I pass this time!!

The only other thing I have for you is your weekly dose of belly pics! These were taken tonight at 28 weeks, 2 days pregnant.



A little closer up


And a bare belly pic=)


Happy Wednesday all!

5 comments:

  1. Stopping in from Multiples and More.....such cute belly shots! Just had my second set of twin a little over a week ago and I miss that belly already! Love reading about your journey!
    thestoryofthesparkmans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I hope that your 3 hour test goes better. I didn't have to do that but I understand its not fun. Take a book and your iPod. Good luck and let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh darn it! I got my fingers crossed for you for tomorrow! Hang in there chica! I'll be thinking good, high fiber thoughts for you tomorrow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I saw that you failed the 3hr, what is next? I assume I am right behind you. Do you go to see a nutritionalist now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I had to do the same in my first 2 pregnancies but always had a normal 3 hour result. I hope yours goes the same and you can be done with the whole thing. Can't wait to hear the result in your next update. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!