Valentines 2015

Valentines 2015

Friday, March 26, 2010

The 3/24/10 OB visit update

Okay, so I realized I am majorly slacking.

The point at which you have to put the date of the actual update in the title is a sad day!

So, as you can tell by the title, we had a visit with our OB on Wednesday (3/24). He did an ultrasound and both little monkeys are still doing great! One was measuring 7w2d and the other was measuring 7w1d (which is what I actually was on Wednesday). He said our official "40 week" due date would be Novmeber 8th, but that most twin mommies go on their own by 37 weeks, so we are looking more like mid-Octoberish (or maybe a smidge earlier) for these babies to arrive.

We got to HEAR the heartbeats at this visit and it was SO amazing! I just melted. I was instantly at ease and I knew my babies were okay. Si recorded one of the heartbeats on his phone and figured out how to turn it into an MP3 file (so Windows Media Player can play it). If I can figure out how to attach it or upload it to the blog I will because it is way cool. It sounds like horses running! The heart beats were around 180 beats per minute.

Otherwise what is going on? Well, my OB gave me a script for Zofran (an anti-nausea med) that will actually dissolve on my tongue. Pretty cool eh? I have lost 10 lbs in the last 2 weeks already. Crazy! You totally can't tell. I just look like I'm expanding (thanks babies!!). The zofran helps some, but it definitely doesn't solve the problem. So, I will probably lose more weight before I gain any. That's okay though - less weight to loose after the babies are born, right?? LOL.

So that's all I have for now I think. We go back to see the RE on Monday for our 8 week checkup. Fingers crossed that both babies will still be alive and well=). Have a great weekend everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. I had to use zofran as well. It is "ok" but worked better for me was phennegran. (sp?)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!