Valentines 2015

Valentines 2015

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A wedding!

Did you know that the girls and I are going to be in a wedding just 8 short weeks from now? Si and I's good friends Jessica and Matt who we co-founded Pug Partners of Nebraska (the pug rescue) with are tying the knot on April 14, 2012. We are so stinking excited for them!

The girls are going to be super adorable flower girls (hopefully we can get them joyfully down the aisle or at the very least to smile in the pictures), and I will be one of four bridesmaids. It should be a crazy fun-filled day!

I ordered the girls flower girl dresses on-line last night, but I was nervous about which size I should order for each girl, so the girls and I had a little dress up party with some super cute dressy dresses we had in the girls closet (my mom's awesome purchases, naturally!).

Livvy is wearing an 18 month size dress, and Brianna is wearing a 24 month size dress (both dresses are exactly the same other than the size)...
I ordered both girls 24 month size flower girl dresses...does that look like the right call to you? I thought the bodice on Livvy's 18 month dress was just perfect right now (although now in looking at the pictures I'm not so sure!) so I was a bit hesitant to go up a size, but who knows how much she will grow in 8 weeks! It would be awful to have a dress that was too small, right? Bri I think will be just perfect in a 24 month, so no worries there =).

Here are the girls prancing around in their dresses last night - LOVE it!




Here's a picture of the flower girl dresses we are ordering for the girls. Cute, right? I love the purple flower petals in the dress =)

The girls LOVE being princesses and playing dress up, especially Miss Olivia. She will grab whatever clothes of mine or Si's that she can find (on the floor, the stairs, in the laundry basket, etc.), and will proceed to put it on, drape it around her shoulders, or put it around her neck and parade around the house. It's super cute. I think sooner rather than later we may have to invest in some dress up play kits! How exciting! Do any of you have any dress up outfits? Which ones? Do you love them? Recommendations?

Okay, that's all for now! Hope you all are having a great hump day!

Until next time -
Megan

15 comments:

  1. They are going to look darling! Can't wait to see them all gussied up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my favorite part of having little girls! They are SO cute all dressed up!!!

      Delete
  2. We have the same deal. Emily can wear 18 month and Lizzie a 24 month. BUT Emily can wear a 24 month, so if I were to be buying something new, it would be the 24 month size. I think you made the right choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay good! That's what I was running with...it has to be better to be a bit too big than to be any too small. Whew! Now hopefully they are actually true to size when they come....=)

      Delete
  3. They look very excited to be flower girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I'm a little nervous that they aren't going to have any desire to complete their designated task of walking down the aisle, but they think the prospect is exciting, and they like the little flower girl practice basket. Here's to hoping that excitement continues!!

      Delete
  4. They look adorable! Cannot wait to see them in those super uber cute dress on my big day! They are going to be the cutest flower girls ever!!

    Thanks for doing all this work for the wedding=) I can't wait to see the dresses on the girls when they come in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! They are going to be so cute! I just hope they behave and can at least kind of do the task at hand - LOL. At the very least they need to look good in front of the camera =).
      You are going to look beautiful, and I am thrilled that all of the ladies in our little family get to be part of your special day!!! =)

      Delete
  5. Precious little angels! They look beautiful. They will make adorable flower girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna!! I think so too, but I'm totally partial =). Here's to hoping they pose for the pictures at least!

      Delete
  6. I think you made the right call on the dresses too. I too have one that can wear 18mo and one that can wear 24 mo. The 18mos are starting to get tight on Claire so I would have done exactly as you did- both 24 months. They can grow so much in 8 weeks! They are going to be so so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was exactly my thought! If they have a growth spurt they can grow an inch or more in a week...I didn't want to risk it! Glad my other twin mommas were on the same page with me too!!

      Delete
  7. PS. I want to hear about potty training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I figured someone would ask! We landed somewhere between "chickened out" and "epic fail"...ugh...short response, we determined that they aren't ready yet. I need to get a couple more books, make sure they fully understand what is going on in the books, then try again. This is going to have to happen quite soon though...they throw an absolute fit every time they get their diapers changed...so, I will be getting back on the horse shortly! I haven't given up yet!!

      Delete
  8. Adorable!! How cool would it to have wtin cuties in your wedding??

    We haven't played much dress up...hmmm (see the wheels turning in my head!)

    Emily did get her recital costume at dance tonight and she loved it--lots of tulle--so I can definitely see her enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!