I've been given "The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award" from Melissa over at MaMe Musings! Thank you Melissa!!!
Any of you that know me "in real life" know just how perfect a "sweet" award is for me! It makes me hungry just looking at it....I'm sure being pregnant has absolutely nothing to do with it...this just looks amazingly tasty doesn't it???
Part of accepting the award requires that I tell seven things about myself that my readers may not know before passing along the award to (10) other blogs I love, so here goes.
1) I always thought I would be a pediatrician, even as I went through college. I took all of the pre-med classes but when the time came to apply to med school I kind of chickened out. I decided that I would rather have a family than an MD after my name. Looking back now, I'm so glad I did.
2) My undergraduate degree is in Psychology. I also have about a year in on a Master's in Counseling. I feel the most comfortable working with people/patients with mental health issues. I know I am supposed to be helping people...not really sure how my career in research is directly affecting this mission, but I have faith that it is (or I wouldn't be doing it!).
3) My first real job (at age 14 where I got paid $4.15/hr) was working at the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo. I worked in concessions and worked on the train doing the "train speech" about all of the different animals at the zoo. I'm telling you, I think it was prepping me for my own personal zoo later in life! LOL!
4) I have a new fascination with working for the FBI....no idea why...but, I am a federal employee, so I suppose maybe that would make it easier to jump organizations, right? I have no idea what I would do working for the FBI...it just sounds like something I could/should/would do. Weird, right?
5) I am TERRIFIED of spiders. Like jump up and down and scream bloody murder until someone comes and kills the thing terrified. I have no idea when this developed...I wasn't scared of spiders when I was little!
6) I have absolutely no idea how the game of basketball works, yet I've attended at least 10+ college games! I get SO annoyed with the squeaky shoes on the basketball court that I have to tune it out and focus on something else...like eating mini donuts =).
7) I am ADDICTED to sweets. Addicted. I am having the HARDEST time not eating piles of cake and cupcakes and cookies and frosting and candy right now....but I ended up with GD with my last pregnancy, so I am trying to limit my intake. It takes all of my will power. I couldn't ever give up sweets for Lent...I think I'd die...well not literally, but I think you get what I mean. It's HARD not to give in to pregnancy cravings!!
So there's 7 random facts about me!
Now on to nominating 10 blogs!!! I read and follow A TON of blogs, so I'm going to try and pick some of the smaller blogs I love (and of course ones that haven't already been nominated). Some of these are blogs that I have been following for years, and others I've only been following for a short time, but already love (these are denoted by a **). Definitely feel free to check them out if you need some new reading material =). Here they are in no particular order =):
The Baker Twins
Cherry Pie Twins
**It's Time for More Coffee
Just Another Mom of Twins
Pontifications of A Twin Mom
Three Little Men and a Mommy
Three Little Chicklets
Life with the Dokulils
The Hutton House
Thanks again Melissa for nominating me!!! =)
Until next time-
PS - I hope to have another post either tonight or tomorrow...I need momma advice once again... imagine that...this time regarding body parts....can't wait, can you? LOL!