Valentines 2015

Valentines 2015

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

12 Week Appointment and NT scan

We are 12 weeks pregnant today!! YAY!!!

We went into the RE this morning for our NT scan (also called an ultrascreen). They did an ultrasound and looked very closely at each of the babies. They are growing like weeds!! Baby A is measuring 12w3d (3 days ahead of schedule!), and baby B is measuring 12w1d (1 day ahead of schedule). Their heartbeats today were in the 150's. At 12 weeks the heartbeats usually drop from between 160-180 to between 120-160. The 150's is a lovely place to be=).

So during the scan they measured the babies, listened to their heartbeats, and made a special effort to measure the amount of fluid behind the babies necks. They measured this fluid several times on each baby. Anything under 3.7 is considered "normal". Both babies were well under that. The highest reading they got on either baby was 1.5. So, all clear on that test! They also took my blood, and they will contact me in a week or so with my updated risk profile. They didn't seem concerned at all. Neither am I. Oh, and for those of you that are wondering, they refused to even take a peek at the babies privates and make a guess at the sexes. Bummer!

So, after our visit today, we were officially released to our OB! Yay for graduation from the RE!!! What a wonderful day!! We are very excited=).

Here are the pictures from the ultrasound today. She took a gazillion pictures, but she only gave us 2. . .cheapskates!! I will try to get some more pics taken of my belly so you guys can watch me grow as well. The thing is, the babies are sitting low, so I am big low, but nowhere else! And it's not a nice round anything. . .I think I look ridiculous honestly! Anywho. . . here are the pics! We go in to see our OB next Wednesday on May 5th.



1 comment:

  1. The babies are SUPER cute! I'm glad everything went great today!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!