Valentines 2015

Valentines 2015

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Momma Foster Pug

I think that God is trying to show me that everyone and everything is more fertile than I am! HA! I'm just kidding. . .I think! SO. . . .last week we found out that our current foster pug is pregnant! I saw the little heartbeats on ultrasound with my own two eyes and it was AMAZING! I have no other way to describe it. I almost cried. I can't wait to have that opportunity with a human baby growing inside of me! Anyway, I digress. . .

So, we knew she was pregnant. . .the next thing we wanted to know was how soon we should expect the babies, and how many we should expect. The vet that did the ultrasound told us that she was sure that there were two babies, but she thought that there were probably 3 or 4.

Now we have been doing rescue for over a year now, and we are the "puppy foster home". . .we deal with puppies all the time. . .I think we have fostered 9 total. But never more than 2 at a time. . .it's just TOO stressful. So, I was really hoping big momma Trinity was only pregnant with 2, or 3 at the most. We had an X-ray done this past Friday, and imagine the fact that she is pregnant with SIX!!! She is going to have sextuplets!! LOL!

I have NO idea how we are going to deal with 6 puppies in our household. That will bring our total pug count at one time up to 9! 9?! How is that not absolutely crazy?! And of course, we have our IVF planned for February because we OBVIOUSLY won't have enough going on with big momma pug! I'm kidding of course - we set up the IVF cycle prior to getting Trinity into the rescue. And, she should have her babies before the IVF cycle even starts. The vet told us on Friday 7-10 days. . .so we have started temping her. When her body temp drops by 2 or so degrees, she should deliver within 12 hours. This is so exhilarating, yet so scary at the same time! It will definitely take my mind off of IVF and trying to get pregnant! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!